ApplicationPoolIdentity is the best practice to use in IIS7. It is a dynamically created, unprivileged account. To add file system security for a particular application pool see IIS.net’s “Application Pool Identities”.
Here is a quick guide how to add rights to correct AppPool -profile on Windows Explorer
- Open Windows Explorer
- Select Sitecore installation directory.
- Right click the file and select “Properties”
- Select the “Security” tab
- Click the “Edit” and then “Add” button
- Click the “Locations” button and make sure you select thelocal machine. (Not the Windows domain if the server belongs to one.)
- Enter “IIS AppPool\Sitecore” in the “Enter the object names to select:” text box. (Don’t forget to change “Sitecore” here to whatever you named your application pool.)
- Click the “Check Names” button and click “OK”.
Refer to Sitecore Installation and Security guide for proper settings.