Developers and designers have come really crazy about AJAX. I started to look for AJAX framework for some simple form validation and I found huge amount of code samples and frameworks which are under development or already on version 5.0.
Intresting links for .NET developers
- How to create the Google Suggest feature with ASP.NET 2.0
- Enhanced Client-Side Script Features in ASP.NET 2.0
- Script Callbacks in ASP.NET (includes techniques for doing this in ASP.NET 1.1)
- Implement Script Callback Framework in ASP.NET 1.x
- Remote Scriptease (general info about several types of techniques for doing this pre-ASP.NET 2.0)
- AJAX Wrapper for .NET See also( http://ajax.schwarz-interactive.de/)
- Fun with callbacks Part 1: What’s in the ASP.NET box? (info and samples for using remote callbacks with ASP.NET 2.0)
- Fun with callbacks Part 2: The RefreshPanel (code sample for creating a Panel control with support for client-side refreshing)
- Dynamic Page updates using XMLHTTP (interesting example that uses an ASP.NET web service and SOAP to retrieve the postback data).
- Cross Domain XmlHttpRequests ( Ajax) (using client-side calls to get data from a different domain in a way that doesn’t cause problems in Firefox or IE SP2).
- Ajax Post Request (POSTing data to the server handler rather than sending a GET request)
- AJAX Library for ASP.NET (an HttpHandler and attribute based framework for working with objects and client-side postbacks) See also(http://mcgiv.com/blog/)
- Ajax.NET is an implementation of the AJAX technology used by Google, Orkut, Flickr, … for the .NET environment. Call server side methods as if they were on the clientside.
Other interesting stuff